Jack Walker and Paul Atzemis discuss the moisture content tests used in the coatings industry. The duo also discusses the importance of these tests and the phenomenon that requires them to be performed.
- 0:00 - Intro- concrete and the weather
- 2:51 – Surface preparation of concrete
- 3:45 – Moisture vapor tests for concrete before the application of coating systems
- 5:03 – The science behind moisture vapor transmission
- 7:07 – The importance of performing these tests in conditioned space
- 8:12 - NACE No. 6/SSPC-SP 13, Surface Preparation of Concrete
- 8:31 – The three approved moisture content tests per NACE No. 6/SSPC-SP 13
- 11:30 – ASTM D4263 - Standard Test Method for Indicating Moisture in Concrete by the Plastic Sheet Method
- 13:19 – ASTM F1869 - Standard Test Method for Measuring Moisture Vapor Emission Rate of Concrete Subfloor Using Anhydrous Calcium Chloride
- 16:58 – ASTM F2170 - Standard Test Method for Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete Floor Slabs Using in situ Probes
- 20:15 – Wrap U
Subscribe via iTunes, Google Play, or Spotify.