Carboline Vice President of Research, Development & Innovation Jeff Anderson joins Paul Atzemis and Jack Walker to discuss common testing for coatings designed for immersion service. They examine the methods of testing and the reasoning behind them.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:00 – What is considered immersion service?
- 3:15 – Typical testing of coatings for immersion service
- 4:00 – Typical screening methods for coatings for immersion service
- 5:54 – NACE TM0174 Laboratory Methods for the Evaluation of Protective Coatings and Lining Materials on Metallic Substrates in Immersion Service
- 8:15 – Coatings used for immersion service
- 9:00 – Benefits of long-term immersion testing
- 11:45 – Commodity purity evaluation during immersion testing
- 13:00 – Additional testing for immersion scenarios that include undissolved solids or high flow
- 14:30 – Wrap up